Medical Alert Dog Tags F.A.Q.
- How much do they cost?
- Each Dog Tag set costs $29.95 personalised with your details, plus $6.00 registered P&H or $10 Express Post.
- Can you advise how shipping works?
- Please see our Shipping Terms and Conditions by clicking here.
- Can I order just 1 set of Dog Tags?
- Of course! You can order as many sets as you wish and we have the capacity to make 1 - 1000 sets using the same machines the Aussie Military use. Obviously for bulk orders we will happily offer you a better deal on the price as well!
- How do you pack my Dog Tags? I've bought things before that have arrived damaged!
- Each Dog Tag set is individually packed in a small plastic bag then placed into a quality padded envelope before sending. We charge a little extra than some of our competitors but first of all we want to make sure our goods get to you and secondly get to you in the best condition possible!
- What colour tags are available?
- We offer in 4 finishes. Matt Stainless(what the military use), Shiny Stainless, Brass, or Black.
- How thick and heavy are these Dog Tags?
- Each Dog Tag weighs approximately 4 grams. The thickness is approximately .50mm thick. These tags are designed for military purposes and are not a jewellery item.
- Should I put my Blood type on the tags?
- You can put what ever you wish on the tags but unless you are military personnel, Hospitals will take no notice in the case of an emergency. You will be treated as any other normal patient and the necessary precautions will be taken.
- How long will my Dog Tag last?
- Tags should last a lifetime and we offer a LIFETIME guarantee our embossing will not come off .
- What does "embossed text" mean
- Embossing is the method of how your text is permanently formed on your tags. It will have the same look as your name on your credit card with raised lettering. Debossed is the method that the US Army used prior to switching to the improved method of embossing.
- How do I pay for my set of Dog Tags?
- Medic DogTags website only accepts payment using a credit card via Paypal however if your are more comfortable using a direct credit or Australia Post money order please contact us and we will give you our details. We prefer to use paypal so as to protect our customers details using the most secure online payment method available. No payment information is stored on Medic Dog Tags server at any time.
- When I look at my order on the shopping cart the text layout is different to how it looks on the tags. Why is this?
- Your tags will be made as it looks on the tag generator. The text you enter is saved to our database and then we make your tags using your layout. The shopping cart information is just to show what you have ordered and the cost before you make the decision to buy.
- Do you offer any special for GP's or Medical Centres?
- We provide Medic Alert dog tags to many professional practitioners who recommend our products for their clients. Interested practioners please contact us via the email on our Contact page and we happily provide you with a sample of what we do. Our machines can make any quantity up to 1000 tags within a few days.
- How long does it take for my set of Dog Tags to be made?
- We operate normal business hours Mon-Fri and depending on how busy we are we can generally make and send within 24-48 hours! Special occasions like Father's Day and Christmas, tags may take a little longer due to the high volumes we have to make. If there are any delays we will notify you.
- Whats the expected delivery time?
- We use Australia Post and once deposited in their Post Boxes we are at their mercy! Normally Registered mail will take anywhere from 3-5 days depending on your location. Express Post is overnight to most capital cities(as per Australia Post conditions). Please note, that if tags do go missing then the process of investigation by Australia Post can take up to 10 days. Only on the very odd occasion do tags go missing.
- Can we track our order?
- Yes once we have made and sent your order, you will receive an email from us confirming we have posted. In that email you will be given a tracking number and the website where you can track your order. In our experience, Australia Post do not update their tracking website as regularly as we would like therefore you may find that your order reaches you before it is updated on their website. Please Note: If your order goes missing in the Post there can be a delay depending on Australia Post's investigation. This delay is totally out of our control and has only happened in a few instances over the past 8 years we have been making ID Tags online.